Patron: Don Fowler
President: Kerry Strange
Past President: Shane Graham
Vice President: Brett Newcombe
Treasurer: John Brydon
Senior Club Captain: James Fairbrass
Junior Club Captain: Quinten Harwood
Secretary: Kelly Kinaston
Tasman Union Delagate:
Management Committee: Gerry Quiad, James Sanston, Jo Harwood, Chris Pugh, Kerry Barton, Patu Noble
Historian: Barbara Hodgson
Welfare Officer: Steven Garguilo
The NRFC committee is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the day to day activities of the club. This includes making decisions, organising activities, ensuring that we function within the constitution guidelines as well as planning to meet the aims & objectives of the club to continue its success in years to come.
How does the committee work?
The role & responsibilities within the committee determine how the committee operates individually and together as a group. To work effectively the committee take responsibility and accountability using a transparent process of honesty and integrity.
NRFC Committee Members Roles
The following committee roles are a general guideline to what member should be doing, however in reality some of the responsibilities increase, overlap or are similar.
The President has overall responsibility for representing, supporting and encouraging the Committee and the membership at all levels. This includes:’
1. Providing direction and leadership for club development
2. Coordinating and delegating tasks appropriately to other Committee Members
3. Chairing all Committee Meetings and AGM’s
4. Understanding and upholding the activity’s responsibilities within the Club Constitution, policies and regulations
5. Encouraging teamwork & providing support to Committee Members
6. Representing the club & its members during club disciplinary procedures
7. Communicating relevant information to the Committee and the membership
8. Ensure all Officers and members understand and comply with the NRFC Code of conduct
Assists President and officers of the club to fulfill their tasks and responsibilities
1. Assists President with meetings and decisions.
2. Takes place of President if he/she is unable to attend any meeting or appointment.
3. Point of contact for committee members before the President.
4. Is a member of the committee.
5. Performs President responsibilities when the President cannot be available.
6. Reports to the President.
The Secretary is responsible for recording and communicating to the membership all information relevant to the Club. This includes:’
1. Recording and making available minutes taken at meetings. (A minute secretary can be co-opted).
2. Organising and maintaining the clubs records, paperwork and email address and mail box (A minute secretary can be co-opted).
3. Ensure all players are registered according to all Tasman Union and Nelson Bays Sub Union procedures as and when appropriate.
4. Liaising with other committee members to prepare an application(s) for funding from and re- affiliation to the Union, or applying for any other funds available.
5. Checking that members have signed up and paid as official members.
6. AGM Administration.
7. Communicating with external organisations ensuring that the communication with the Nelson Bays Sub-union and Tasman Rugby Union is timely and in a professional manner.
The Treasurer is responsible for planning, coordinating and monitoring the financial activities of their Club. This includes:’
1. Being familiar with and ensuring that the committee adhere to the Incorporated Society Act.
2. Liaising with other committee members to prepare an application(s) for funding from and re- affiliation to the Union, or applying for any other funds available.
3. Ensuring that all monies collected from members or other parties are paid into the Union following the correct procedures.
4. Ensuring that the Club or Society accounts remain in credit and within budget at all times.
5. Completing the correct forms to obtain quotes or place orders for items/services to be purchased.
6. Ensuring that all expenditure is authorised by the correct signatories from the committee.
7. Prepare Monthly financial reports to NRFC Committee.
8. Prepare Financial Documentation for NRFC AGM.
Senior/ Junior Club Captains
The club captain(s) is responsible for coordinating and organising the running of club/team, in collaboration with the President and other Committee members. This includes:’
1. To attend committee meetings
2. To act as MC support with President for after match functions, speeches & other activities.
3. To assist coaches and managers with the retention and recruitment of players.
4. To control club training equipment.
5. To arrange Neale Park facilities for home games.
6. To appoint a person, if required, for position of Assistant Club Captain(s).
7. To prepare a budget for Club Captain’s requirements in conjunction with the Treasurer.
8. To ensure coaches and managers are aware of the competition rules regarding their competitions.
9. To Liaise with Bar Manager for team after match functions at Clubrooms
10. To report any maintenance requirements inside and out of club facilities and equipment.
11. To liaise closely with coaches and managers during the season and advice the committee of any issues that may arise.
12. To ensure functions and activities planned by the club committee are communicated to teams.
NRFC Committee Member(s)
A committee member contributes and actively participates in the operations of the club and its activities’
1. Regularly attend committee meetings and important related meetings.
2. Makes commitment to participate actively in committee work.
3. Volunteers for and willingly accepts assigned tasks and completes them thoroughly and on time.
4. Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus decision making.
6. Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
7. Actively participates in fund raising for the NRFC.
Coaches rep has duties as a coach and also has the responsibilities outlined as the same as NRFC Committee responsibilities, other tasks include:
1. Informing the Committee of any changes in training or game times, venues, player movement and transfers.
2. Ensure the interests of the players are adhered to by implementing and reporting on any breaches of the NRFC Code of Conduct policy.
3. Informing the NRFC committee or delegate immediately of any injury or accident involving players in club activities.
4. Bring to the attention of the committee any concerns or issues of coaches.
Players representative is a player and also has the responsibilities outlined as the same as NRFC Committee responsibilities, other tasks include:
1. Informing the Committee issues or player concerns to the NRFC
2. Promote and adhere to the NRFC Code of Conduct among players in general.
3. Inform the NRFC committee or delegate immediately of any injury or accident involving players in club activities.
4. Bring to the attention of the committee any concerns or issues of players.
Welfare representative is a player and also has the responsibilities outlined as the same as NRFC Committee responsibilities, other tasks include:
1. Represents the NRFC Club in matters of welfare and communicates NRFC responses appropriately.